How to Expertly Build Your Own Digital Cardstock

Hello there in a hand basket! I reckon it’s time for another Q&A Wednesday and today’s Q&A is super special. Today’s feature begins a new series I’d like to call: DIY DigiCrafting Techniques. Twice a month, two of my Q&As will specifically show you how to build your digital scrapbooking papers/embellishments! And true to Q&A, they’ll still be based on questions y’all have submitted!

So partner, if there’s something you’re aching to know … ask me!

Today’s question was submitted by Michelle. She wanted to learn the steps I use to build authentic, textured, or creased digital scrapbooking cardstock. So in today’s video lesson you’ll learn:

• The perfect three-part color, texture, and blending choices for the cardstock-creating process.
  • Why some textures dull digital papers unnecessarily.
  • And which blending mode stands above all others for cardstock creations.

You’ll also hear me sing! And THAT’S the best reason why you should really watch this lesson.

Want to recreate the steps I share in the video? You’ll want to download my paper texture below! Now, let’s have at it, shall we?

How to Expertly Build Your Own Digital Scrapbooking Cardstock from Tiffany Tillman on Vimeo.

Hope you enjoyed this week’s video! Be sure to subscribe to the Simply Tiffany youtube channel — you’ll be the first to know when a new video is complete! Until next time …

Comments

• Maribel said:

April 3rd, 2013 at 7:16 am

Wow, thank you for this! I really enjoyed hearing you sing above all but it was an awesome tutorial. Some digi kits don’t come with cardstock and this is a great way to make your own using the same color scheme! <3

• Cheri said:

April 3rd, 2013 at 11:54 am

Thanks for a great tutorial! Love the signing as well:)

• Anne R said:

April 3rd, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Thank you for the great tutorial. Can’t wait for the next one!

• CraftCrave | Blog | Scrapbooking Tutorials (large): Thursday, 04 Apr 2013 said:

April 4th, 2013 at 4:16 am

[...] How to Expertly Build Digital Scrapbooking Cardstock – 1 freebie(s)? [...]

• Sue Hodgson said:

April 4th, 2013 at 8:42 am

Cheers Tiffany,

D.I.Y fantastic… great idea for a tutorial series… giving the starving hoards what they want without charging the earth… priceless. :)

now tips for scanning that would be a useful video… just saying ;)

Thanks again,
    Sue

• Lisa D said:

April 6th, 2013 at 11:01 am

Firing up Photoshop now to give it a whirl! Thank You

• annie said:

April 8th, 2013 at 8:45 am

You are an awesome teacher! Just enough why and how to be perfect! I love learning from you.

• Rebecca said:

April 8th, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Thanks! I can’t wait to try this myself. :)

• Jacqueline said:

April 9th, 2013 at 4:30 am

Great video! Thank you for the ideas. Now we still need to solve the problem of scanning A4 or Letter size papers and get them to fill 12 inch papers. What is your work-around-this?

• Tiffany Tillman said:

April 9th, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Hi Jacqueline,

That is a topic worth exploring! Because there is a definitive process to get it right. I’ll add that to my list of topics for Q&A. Or perhaps a different type of tutorial. :) Thanks for the inspiration!

• Rosalie said:

April 9th, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Thanks for another get tutorial. I have learned so much from this Q and As. I find they are the perfect amount of info, as not to overwhelm my poor little brain. I was just curious if you have some sites that you would recommend for paper textures, or do you scan all your textures? Thanks

• Tiffany Tillman said:

April 9th, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Hi Rosalie! Great question. I do try to start from my own scanned textures just so it’s “original” to use the term broadly.

But some digital scrapbook kit makers also craft white-based and grayscale textures for private and commercial use. I’d start with a few of your favorite digital kit sites — they might offer a “texture” or commercial use category. Generally, they can be found there.

• Tiffany Tillman said:

April 9th, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Thanks everyone! So glad you enjoyed the tutorial.

• Kiana said:

October 17th, 2013 at 10:17 am

I LOVE THESE TIPS> I’m new to designing anything myself. This is gonna be sooo much cheaper!!! Lol

• Rosa said:

August 28th, 2014 at 10:28 pm

Thank you so much for posting this! I’ve been trying to research now to design my own digi elements and since I’m just starting my research, this has been a big help!! I will be looking through your other info now as well. :)